"Their only crime was curiosity."
Director: Ian Softley
Writer: Rafael Moreu
Genre: Misunderstood Hackers
You're probably under the mistaken impression that this film is about Crash Override and Acid Burn's wacky hacking misadventures with their buddies Phantom Phreak and Cereal Killer. Actually, it's a very short, ten minute film about two great hackers, Razor (Darren Lee) and Blade (Peter Kim), who run their own cable-access TV show ("Hack the Planet") and decide to help out the not-as-cool hackers. I keep wondering why they added the extra 80 minutes...
- Jonny Lee Miller actually believing the old "swimming pool on the roof" lore of high school. Things do not bode well for the intellectual prowess of our hero.
- Angelina Jolie as Acid Burn. Sure, she seemed excessively bitchy at times, but she was never boring.
- Renoly Santiago as the sexy Phantom Phreak. Was anyone else entirely upset when our heroes left him in jail to rot? What good are having hacker buddies if they don't spring you from jail when you get nabbed?
- Matthew Lillard with horrendously awful hair in itty, bitty braids. Despite his gleeful obnoxiousness (or is that because of it?), I'm kind of fond of him.
- And for my money, Jonny Lee Miller should have worn that red dress on the date.